(also fennec fox)
A small pale fox with large pointed ears, native to the deserts of North Africa and Arabia.
- Vulpes zerda, family Canidae
More example sentences
- The skull of the fennec fox is relatively short, broad over the braincase and tapers sharply toward the rostrum, forming a slender and narrow muzzle.
- He was a little fennec fox, with short gray fur and huge ears.
- Almost all of the non-human DNA is from an animal called the fennec fox.
late 18th century: via Arabic from Persian fanak, fanaj.
Definition of fennec in:
- The British & World English dictionary