Definition of fenugreek in English:
A white-flowered herbaceous plant of the pea family, with aromatic seeds that are used for flavoring, especially ground and used in curry powder.
- Trigonella foenum-graecum, family Leguminosae
- The spices - turmeric, black pepper, coriander, fenugreek, cumin and cayenne - formed something similar to a basic Madras curry powder, missing only the sweeter spices.
- Spices such as coriander seeds, cumin, black peppercorns, fenugreek, and chillies are blended with coconut, roasted until quite dark in colour, and then fried giving a toasted nutty taste and lending a dark colour to curries.
- There is no part of the world that is not home to a variety of spices; cumin, coriander, fennel, fenugreek, nigella, sesame, anise, the list is endless.
Words that rhyme with fenugreekRealpolitik • Ostpolitik
Definition of fenugreek in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan