A pale green iron salt used in inks, tanning, water purification, and treatment of anemia.
- Alternative name: iron(II) sulfate; chemical formula (crystals): FeSO47H2O
More example sentences
- Other mined materials include iron from ferrous sulphate, copper, and molybdenum.
- After about four years, they produced ‘liquor’ - a dilute solution of hydrated ferrous sulphate and sulphuric acid, which flowed via a planked channel to a cistern.
- Investigations showed iron deficiency anaemia (haemoglobin 87 g/l, mean cell volume 69 fl), and she was treated with ferrous sulphate.
More definitions of ferrous sulfateDefinition of ferrous sulfate in:
- The British & World English dictionary