Of, like, or relating to a celebration or festival: he appeared in festal array
More example sentences
- In the congregation assembled for worship, these two movements meet, and the heavenly angels join the children of God in festal celebration.
- And the whole celebration will be rounded off at 6pm with a festal Eucharist in the parish church.
- There is no more melancholy spectacle than a festal hall, the morning after the banquet, when the guests have departed and the lights are extinguished.
- More example sentences
- But what good was it to our festally excited ancestors to. have their attention absorbed?
- The chapel bell on the engine sounded most festally that sunny Sunday.
Definition of festal in:
- The British & World English dictionary