Definition of fibrosarcoma in English:
noun (plural fibrosarcomas or fibrosarcomata /-ˈkōmətə/)Medicine
A sarcoma in which the predominant cell type is a malignant fibroblast.
- Unclassifiable spindle cell sarcoma, fibrosarcoma, or malignant fibrohistiocytoma may resemble the spindle cell areas of angiosarcoma.
- Foci of malignant spindle cells representing fibrosarcoma were also identified.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytomas and fibrosarcomas do not contain osteoid or bone and are typically high-grade lesions.
- Example sentences
- Beneath the capsule, and infiltrating between the Hurthle cell cords and follicles, we identified a proliferation of a second population of atypical spindle cells in a fibrosarcomatous pattern.
- To the best of our knowledge, this case represents the first report of a cellular fibrothecomatous tumor with minor benign sex cord elements and focal fibrosarcomatous stroma.
- Based on the histologic and immunophenotypic features of the fibrosarcomatous components of both the breast and thyroid tumors, we rendered a diagnosis of cystosarcoma phyllodes metastatic to Hurthle cell adenoma.
Pronunciation: /-ˈkōmətəs, -ˈkäm-/adjective
Definition of fibrosarcoma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia