- Trivial matters: nonsense: he’s concerned with petty fiddle-faddle about his personal arrangementsMore example sentences
- There is, however, a glue that holds all this fiddle-faddle together and gives it a certain inner logic.
- And what is all that fiddle-faddle about the door sticking just by getting shut all the way?
verb[no object] Back to top
- Bother with trifles; fuss: you haven’t time to fiddle-faddle about like thatMore example sentences
- We shouldn't fiddle-faddle around with the Samurai-Cons on the loose.
- It's easier to stop at fast food restaurants than fiddle faddle around and make breakfast?
late 16th century: reduplication of fiddle.
More definitions of fiddle-faddleDefinition of fiddle-faddle in:
- The British & World English dictionary