- Be concerned with relatively trivial matters while ignoring the serious or disastrous events going on around one.More example sentences
- To ignore the internal threat is to fiddle while Rome burns.
- Concentrating on the minutiae of a single procedural issue, rather than on developing the fundamental aims of planning and on the effective delivery of these aims, is merely fiddling while Rome burns.
- Environmentalists, no doubt, will accuse Americans of fiddling while Rome burns.
More definitions of fiddle while Rome burnsDefinition of fiddle while Rome burns in:
- The British & World English dictionary