Definition of fiduciary in English:
1Involving trust, especially with regard to the relationship between a trustee and a beneficiary: the company has a fiduciary duty to shareholders
More example sentences
- No prudent investor would overweight his or her portfolio in speculative stock, given that the funds belong to an Estate, to whom the investor owes a fiduciary duty.
- Nor, given the fiduciary duty of the Trustee, is there any reason to imply any such limitation.
- In fact, this is a demanding standard, since the beneficiaries of the fiduciary duty must give their fully informed consent.
1.2 Finance (Of a paper currency) depending for its value on securities (as opposed to gold) or the reputation of the issuer.
- However, even with the existence of a central bank that guarantees their solvency, it is not in the interest of the fractional reserve banks to issue fiduciary media as quickly as possible.
- Furthermore, this tendency is now strengthened by the decrease in the objective exchanged value of money following the increase of fiduciary media issued by the banking system.
- A second contradiction is related to another limit on the circulation of fiduciary media mentioned by Wicksell, the limit set by the use of precious metals for industrial purposes.
noun (plural fiduciaries)Back to top
- Executors or trustees are fiduciaries - agents legally responsible for managing property for the benefit of another individual or a group.
- Equity, which imposed obligations on trustees and fiduciaries, was always a separate entity.
- This ensures that trustees and fiduciaries are financially disinterested in carrying out their duties.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'something inspiring trust; credentials'): from Latin fiduciarius, from fiducia 'trust', from fidere 'to trust'.
Words that rhyme with fiduciarynoshery • gaucherie
Definition of fiduciary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan