- A cricket that lives in a burrow in grassland and has a musical birdlike chirp.
More example sentences
- Family Gryllidae, numerous species
- For example, the sand field cricket and the southeastern field cricket look nearly identical and inhabit the same geographical areas.
- Although cave crickets might look similar to the field cricket, they are from a different family.
- But we did capture and identify countless leafhoppers, field crickets, earwigs and cabbage butterflies.
More definitions of field cricketDefinition of field cricket in:
- The British & World English dictionary