- A book for the identification of birds, flowers, minerals, or other things in their natural environment.More example sentences
- Wildlife officials identified the rare species of the turtle, Batagur baska, from photographs in an old field guide.
- Between 1894 and 1931, she authored twenty-seven books including field guides, natural history books, nature stories for children, and novels.
- Kenn Kaufman is the author of eight books on nature, including Kingbird Highway and field guides to North American birds, butterflies and mammals.
More definitions of field guideDefinition of field guide in:
- The British & World English dictionary