- 1Constituting number fifteen in a sequence; 15th: August the fifteenth the fifteenth century on the fifteenth floorMore example sentences
- Of all the major versions of humanism, the Renaissance humanism that developed in Italy during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries has been the most influential.
- How can you judge a scientist from this century against somebody who was working in the fourteenth or fifteenth century?
- This elite had no formal place in the fifteenth century constitutions and was therefore not subject to direct control.
- 1.1 (a fifteenth/one fifteenth) Each of fifteen equal parts into which something is or may be divided.More example sentences
- Mr Howard said that on the Defendants' secondary case (by reference to Schedule 4 to the Claimants’ closing submissions), three fourteenths or three fifteenths of US $79.5 million would have been payable by the Defendants in August 2000.
- In 1225 the government levied a tax on moveables at the rate of a fifteenth, but took care to show its concern for newly established constitutional proprieties through a definitive reissue of the charters.
More definitions of fifteenthDefinition of fifteenth in:
- The British & World English dictionary