- The action of fighting; violence or conflict: terrible fighting broke out in the streetsMore example sentences
- The tunnels played a major role in the last round of heavy fighting, in summer 2006.
- The United Nations now says almost 115,000 people have been uprooted by the fighting in Georgia.
- King Harold is dead, fallen in a day of savage fighting against Duke William of Normandy.
adjectiveBack to top
- Displaying or engaging in violence, combat, or aggression: he was a fighting man he put up his fists and took a fighting stanceMore example sentences
- He brings with him a bodyguard of Irish fighting men.
- They have been put in place over centuries to protect the effectiveness of the fighting force.
- Give the poor guy at least a fighting chance Ed.