(also Siamese fighting fish)
- A small labyrinth fish native to Thailand, the males of which fight vigorously. It has been bred in a variety of colors for fighting and for aquariums.
More example sentences
- Betta splendens, family Belontiidae
- Two male fighting fish do not usually fight to the death; the loser just flees the scene.
- Previous studies on Siamese fighting fish and toads, as well as on humans and other primates, have yielded similar results.
- Some others, like the Siamese fighting fish, are capable of breathing air in addition to extracting oxygen from the water with their gills.
More definitions of fighting fishDefinition of fighting fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary