noun (feminine figurante /ˌfigyəˈräntē, -ˈräNt/)
- A supernumerary actor.More example sentences
- The number of part-time or full-time film extras (or figurants) in Shanghai is not known but it is certain that their number is increasing rapidly as the entertainment business becomes more prosperous.
- Don't worry figurant, he's not mad at you.
- Holst's figurant represents humanity exposed to the occult powers of the unfixed stars as they orbit through the twelve astrological houses of the zodiac.
French, present participle of figurer 'to figure'.
More definitions of figurantDefinition of figurant in:
- The British & World English dictionary