- 1The killing of one’s son or daughter: maternal filicideMore example sentences
- It is not surprising that filicide, the killing of a child by a parent, provokes strong feelings.
- He claimed that 80% of infant deaths were probably due to recognisable medical causes which doctors had failed to diagnose, while a further one in ten were the result of infanticide or filicide.
- The very idea of filicide (the murder of a child by a parent) is abhorrent.
mid 17th century from Latin filius 'son', filia 'daughter' + -cide.
More definitions of filicideDefinition of filicide in:
- The British & World English dictionary