- A filamentous RNA virus of a genus that causes severe hemorrhagic fevers in humans and primates, and that includes the Ebola and Marburg viruses.More example sentences
- Ebola is a filovirus, a type of virus about which little is known.
- According to the study, the outer protein shell of filoviruses, such as Ebola, have a biochemical structure similar to retroviruses carried by birds, making a common evolutionary origin more likely.
- Together with their cousin, the Marburg virus, they make up the family of viruses known as filoviruses.
More definitions of filovirusDefinition of filovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary