Definition of filter tip in English:
1A filter attached to a cigarette for removing some components from the inhaled smoke.
- ‘It's like a filter tip on a cigarette in that it might help a little bit,’ he said.
- It feels like a real cigarette (well, a real plastic one) right down to its mock filter tip.
- It is no longer a big leaf, it is now in small pieces which are then eventually I think shredded before being wrapped in paper and having a filter tip put on the end.
- Example sentences
- And later this month BBC2 airs a satirical American documentary called The Last Cigarette, which intercuts footage of the congressional hearings with innocent ads from the 1950s extolling the health benefits of filter-tipped ciggies.
- ‘Perhaps,’ he continued, ‘every January 11 th - the anniversary of the Surgeon General's original 1964 report on smoking - we should all light up, giving a filter-tipped finger, as it were, to a health-obsessed government.’
- At the beginning of the 1950s, filter-tipped brands occupied 1 percent of the cigarette market.
Pronunciation: /ˈfiltər ˌtipt/adjective
Definition of filter tip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.