Definition of finalize in English:
Produce or agree on a finished and definitive version of: efforts intensified to finalize plans for postwar reconstruction
More example sentences
- An hour later, we finished finalizing Maria's plans.
- There is still another week of negotiation to finalize the plan of action that is to be agreed upon in Johannesburg.
- As next Monday's opening ceremony approaches, organizers have intensified efforts to finalize their preparation for the grand event.
- Example sentences
- In the north of Bulgaria, a very large investment is close to reaching finalisation.
- We don't have the benefit of previewing and adjusting our layouts before considering them acceptable for finalization.
- Those planning the summit hope it will result in the finalization of the peace initiative that the two men have been working on over the past year.
Pronunciation: /ˌfīn(ə)ləˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌfīnəˌlīˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan