- British term for fiscal year.More example sentences
- If the company's accounting period straddles two financial years, the profit is apportioned and charged at the appropriate rates.
- Data for this analysis were derived from the database extract held at the University of Bristol, which currently contains data for financial years from 1 April 1991 to 31 March 2001.
- This means that over the current economic cycle, which the Treasury assumes is the seven financial years from April 1999 to March 2006, the current budget should balance out or be in surplus.
More definitions of financial yearDefinition of financial year in:
- The British & World English dictionary