Definition of financials in English:
1Shares in financial companies.
- In London, a swathe of heavyweight companies slumped, with telecoms, oil, financials and defence stocks among those hit.
- The sector had high weightings in financials at around 26.6% and low weightings in telecom stocks of 6.2%.
- Unsurprisingly, our preferred method of stock screening throws out a large number of Irish and British financials that pay annual dividends in excess of prevailing cash deposit rates.
1.1Financial data about a company: take a look at their financials
More example sentences
- On Jan. 31, it issued new financials showing fiscal 2004 stock options costing $38 million, a drop of more than $20 million.
- The glimpse into the company's financials, released on Apr. 29, reveals one certainty: There's plenty of money to be made in the search game.
- Many organizations with excellent accounting records and capable staff still rely on their auditors for the preparation of the year-end financials, if only for efficiency.
Definition of financials in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia