(also finback whale)
Definition of finback in English:
A large rorqual with a small dorsal fin, a dark gray back, and white underparts. Also called fin whale, common rorqual (see rorqual).
- Balaenoptera physalus, family Balaenopteridae
- Spend six to eight hours a day on the water with giant blue whales, finbacks and humpbacks as you assist researchers with data collection.
- Take a whale watching tour and see more kinds of whales more often than anywhere else - playful humpbacks, giant finbacks, and maybe even the rare right whale!
- Sea life on the rocky walls isn't all that benefits: humpback, finback and right whales are all common here, as are dolphins and seals.
Definition of finback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.