Definition of finder in English:
1A person who finds someone or something.
- If they can do that, with the finders' permission we'll take them away and get them looked at more closely.
- In 1991, one of the finders, Joseph Mulvey, was fined £10 for failing to report its discovery.
- Their prize brings to life the fictional world of Roald Dahl and his book, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, where finders of a golden ticket were given the chance to explore Willy Wonka's factory.
1.1 (in full finder-scope) A small telescope attached to a large one to locate an object for observation.
- His goal was to create the best finder scope in its class and he has clearly succeeded.
- This will make the finder more comfortable to use, but it will make a dreadful mirror image view.
Definition of finder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan