Definition of finder in English:
1A person who finds someone or something.
- If they can do that, with the finders' permission we'll take them away and get them looked at more closely.
- In 1991, one of the finders, Joseph Mulvey, was fined £10 for failing to report its discovery.
- Their prize brings to life the fictional world of Roald Dahl and his book, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, where finders of a golden ticket were given the chance to explore Willy Wonka's factory.
1.1 (in full finder-scope) A small telescope attached to a large one to locate an object for observation.
- His goal was to create the best finder scope in its class and he has clearly succeeded.
- This will make the finder more comfortable to use, but it will make a dreadful mirror image view.
Words that rhyme with finderbinder, blinder, grinder, kinda, minder, ringbinder, winder
Definition of finder in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.