- Chemical substances prepared to a very high degree of purity for use in research and industry.More example sentences
- These organic acids are fine chemicals that are used in the production of plasticisers, flavourings, fragrances and pharmaceuticals.
- Even in large countries, generic producers frequently had to obtain ingredients such as fine chemicals from producers in other countries.
- Pharmacists at that time purchased fine chemicals and botanicals and compounded their own medications.
More definitions of fine chemicalsDefinition of fine chemicals in:
- The British & World English dictionary