Definition of fine print in English:
1Printed matter in small type.
- The agent's brochure carried disclaimers in fine print at the foot of the front and back pages but I would not accord these decisive significance on the present question.
- But they keep getting bogged down in fine print.
- After buying a few, I get to the checkout, and the little tiny fine print says, ‘Click here to opt out of mailings.
1.1Inconspicuous details or conditions printed in an agreement or contract, especially ones that may prove unfavorable: read the fine print of whatever loan document is shoved under your nose
More example sentences
- Whatever you do, always read the fine print of any contract before signing it.
- When setting up a flat it pays to look out for cheap deals, and always read the fine print of any contract you sign.
- Let's wait to read the fine print of the new agreements before being too optimistic.
Definition of fine print in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan