- 1A small young fish, especially a salmon parr.More example sentences
- In this 30-week study, researchers stocked 9 ponds at a per-acre rate of 2,000 large fish and 6,000 fingerlings.
- These migratory diving birds winter in the Delta region, where they voraciously feed on channel catfish fingerlings and any other fish they can swallow.
- The least expensive size of fish for stocking is fingerlings, which are one to three inches long.
- 2 A variety of potato having a pink, yellow, blue or light tan skin and flesh.More example sentences
- ‘Purple Peruvian’: Uniquely purple skin and flesh are perhaps this fingerling's best features.
- After that came a pair of small, crunchy tacos filled with diced fingerling potatoes, then topped with a tasty chopping of cold smoked duck breast.
- My friend the arch foodie had nothing bad to say about her crisp roasted chicken, accompanied by chanterelle mushrooms and a little flotilla of fingerling potatoes.
More definitions of fingerlingDefinition of fingerling in:
- The British & World English dictionary