- The flattish horny part on the upper surface of the tip of each finger.More example sentences
- Use the back of your fingernail on your index finger to part and lift a new section of hair to the left of the braid.
- Her nail varnish is applied patchily, on bitten fingernails and bitten toenails.
- I sat at the kitchen table, scraping off some dried up stuff on the glass surface with my fingernail.
More definitions of fingernailDefinition of fingernail in:
- The British & World English dictionary