Definition of fire salamander in English:
A robust short-tailed nocturnal salamander that has black skin with bright red, orange, and yellow markings, native to upland forests of Europe, northwestern Africa, and southwestern Asia.
- Salamandra salamandra, family Salamandridae
- Everyone stopped to form wide circles around several fire salamanders that crossed our path.
- Fire Salamanders have a scattered and discontinuous range over large areas of Europe, northern Africa, and western Asia.
- The skin of the fire salamander takes in both air and water.
Definition of fire salamander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.