A warty European aquatic toad, the underside of which is vividly marked in red, orange, yellow, black, and white.
- Genus Bombina, family Discoglossidae: in particular B. bombina
More example sentences
- In large, permanent bodies of water in the lowlands of eastern Europe, for example, lives Bombina bombina, the European fire-bellied toad, so called because of the red splotches on its belly.
- Fire-bellied toads are enjoyable for both novice and expert amphibian hobbyists to keep.
- The Fire Bellied Toad is one of the most widely kept species of toad.
Definition of fire-bellied toad in:
- The British & World English dictionary