- 1The process of targeting and firing heavy weapons.More example sentences
- The longer weapon range, sophisticated fire control, and advanced countermeasures of these systems, even in small numbers, present a formidable barrier to our fleet of aging aircraft.
- The digital fire control system calculates separate firing solutions for each of the 8 projectiles.
- Platoon and battery commanders have considerable problems with fire control, protection-in-combat and reconnaissance organization, and terrain orientation.
- 2The prevention and monitoring of forest fires and grass fires.More example sentences
- Here are some of the interesting facts researchers have found out in the 70 years since the Forest Service began its aggressive fire control program.
- It was not until the mid-twentieth century that technology made it possible for state fire control agencies to manage all but the most severe outbreaks in rural and forested areas.
- Truckloads of logs were cut to make a fire control line along the Yalmi Road, north of Orbost, in eastern Victoria, during the 2003 bushfires and taken to East Gippsland mills.
More definitions of fire controlDefinition of fire control in:
- The British & World English dictionary