- A robust short-tailed nocturnal salamander that has black skin with bright red, orange, and yellow markings, native to upland forests of Europe, northwestern Africa, and southwestern Asia.
More example sentences
- Salamandra salamandra, family Salamandridae
- Everyone stopped to form wide circles around several fire salamanders that crossed our path.
- Fire Salamanders have a scattered and discontinuous range over large areas of Europe, northern Africa, and western Asia.
- The skin of the fire salamander takes in both air and water.
More definitions of fire salamanderDefinition of fire salamander in:
- The British & World English dictionary