- The chamber of a boiler in which the fuel is burned.More example sentences
- The combustion chamber was an extension of the inner firebox into the boiler barrel, to give extra heating surface where the heat is the greatest.
- For Mr English, whose company English Welding Services has gained a nationwide reputation in steam-traction engineering for repairs to locomotive boilers and fireboxes, the task is one of the most prestigious he has yet undertaken.
- As we continued up the hill, the sound of air being sucked into the firebox was deafening, even with ear plugs.
More definitions of fireboxDefinition of firebox in:
- The British & World English dictionary