Definition of firebrat in English:
A fast-moving brownish insect, a type of bristletail, that frequents warm places indoors.
- Thermobia domestica, family Lepismatidae, order Thysanura
- The firebrat prefers temperatures over 90 degrees F.
- Silverfish and firebrats are active at night and hide during the day.
- Silverfish and firebrats are common household pests.
Definition of firebrat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.