- Clay capable of withstanding high temperatures, chiefly used for making firebricks.More example sentences
- He was known as the ‘father of the fireclay, coke and artificial manure manufacture’ in the North of England, and was the first to use fireclay in the manufacture of sewage pipes.
- Britain also benefited from the availability of investment capital, furnace coal, fireclay, lead, and fine sand.
- Large quantities of fireclay were formerly used in the iron and steel industry, but nowadays their main use is for making bricks and sanitary ware.
More definitions of fireclayDefinition of fireclay in:
- The British & World English dictionary