Definition of firecrest in English:
A small warbler having a red and orange crest and occurring mainly in Europe.
- Regulus ignicapillus, family Sylviidae
- Those boon migratory companions, the firecrest and the black redstart, provided considerable entertainment to local birders in 1994.
- He watches a rare firecrest dancing on the banks of the river Fal, witnesses the tumbling flight of evening swifts and reports that experts now believe that birdsong may be - in part at least - pure exuberance, as much spirit as function.
- Do firecrests only stay for winter in the south west or can they turn up any time?
Words that rhyme with firecrestchimney breast • footrest
Definition of firecrest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.