- 1A place for a domestic fire, especially a grate or hearth at the base of a chimney.More example sentences
- The public areas have immense character, with heavily beamed ceilings and cosy open fireplaces, including an old cast iron range in the lounge.
- Both rooms have open fireplaces with tiled hearths and surrounds, as well as picture rails and ceiling coving.
- On the ground floor the drawing room and dining room have open fireplaces while the first and second floor contain the five bedrooms.
- 1.1A structure surrounding a fireplace.More example sentences
- The hall leads to a drawing room with a deep bay window and tiled fireplace with mahogany surround.
- There are also two well-proportioned reception rooms, both with plasterwork and period tiled fireplaces.
- To the left is a set of equal size reception rooms with matching tiled fireplaces.
More definitions of fireplaceDefinition of fireplace in:
- The British & World English dictionary