Definition of fireplace in English:
1A place for a domestic fire, especially a grate or hearth at the base of a chimney.
- The public areas have immense character, with heavily beamed ceilings and cosy open fireplaces, including an old cast iron range in the lounge.
- Both rooms have open fireplaces with tiled hearths and surrounds, as well as picture rails and ceiling coving.
- On the ground floor the drawing room and dining room have open fireplaces while the first and second floor contain the five bedrooms.
1.1A structure surrounding a fireplace.
- The hall leads to a drawing room with a deep bay window and tiled fireplace with mahogany surround.
- There are also two well-proportioned reception rooms, both with plasterwork and period tiled fireplaces.
- To the left is a set of equal size reception rooms with matching tiled fireplaces.
Words that rhyme with fireplaceLovelace • commonplace
Definition of fireplace in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan