- 1A hydrant for a fire hose.More example sentences
- But, true to form, the dog sniffed the fireplug, then shook her head ‘no.’
- The animals have messages of deep import, like, ‘I always loved that fireplug in the park,’.
- She did what had to be done, even if it was putting fire-smothering blankets in a cute, ceramic fireplug for stovetop use and selling them for 20 bucks at retail stores.
- 1.1North American • informal A short, stocky person, especially an athlete.More example sentences
- Today, my patience is tested by 78-year-old Nathaniel Jones, a grizzled fireplug of a man in a motorized wheelchair.
- Traci was about 5' 5'' but sturdily built - a real fireplug.
- The undisputed father of the notorious black street gang was a fearless and mighty 5-foot-8 fireplug who loved to fight and loathed guns.
More definitions of fireplugDefinition of fireplug in:
- The British & World English dictionary