- Able to withstand fire or great heat: a fireproof dishMore example sentences
- Grease a fireproof dish, place a layer of potatoes in it, cover with apple and a little sage, season lightly and sprinkle with cheese, repeat layers leaving potatoes and cheese to cover.
- On top of shortages in basic equipment like ladders, fireproof clothing and pumps, at least 22 new fire engines and other vehicles are required now and 35 auxiliary fire stations need upgrading.
- The proposal is seen as the only option left to bail out the cash - starved Highlands and Islands Fire Service which is short of equipment such as ladders, breathing apparatus, cutting equipment, fireproof clothing and pumps.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Make (something) fireproof: nearby museum buildings will be fireproofedMore example sentences
- Timber lobbyists and foresters say thin out some national forests as a means of fireproofing them and preventing more superfires; that means cutting trees - lots of them.
- A mattress company which fails to meet UK furniture safety standards claims that fireproofing beds is dangerous.
- He explained that he was fireproofing the doors to the main panels.