- 1The area around a fireplace (used especially with reference to a person’s home or family life): he preferred the warmth of his own firesideMore example sentences
- As the autumn evenings draw in, a cosy fireside armchair beckons!
- A fairy tale can find its beginnings in the simple sentences of sagas told at the family fireside.
- Many the years that have passed since we sat entranced by the stories of the old people by the fireside long ago.
- 1.1 A fireside chat.More example sentences
- Beginning March 4th, 1933, and running through March 1st, 1945 FDR's fireside chats were a staple in American Homes.
- Last week President Roosevelt gave the nation another of his Sunday night radio ‘fireside’ chats, his first since June.
- The fireside chats were enormously successful and even attracted more listeners than the most popular radio shows during this Golden Age of Radio.
More definitions of firesideDefinition of fireside in:
- The British & World English dictionary