Definition of fireside chat in English:
1An informal conversation.
- A fireside chat over a disappointing bottle of wine prompted a Bradford couple to resolve to ditch their day jobs and set up their own business.
- The things he needed to tell the boy could not simply be blurted out during a fireside chat in one sitting.
- He did not lecture or hector his listeners; he talked to them as if he were conducting a fireside chat.
1.1 One of a series of radio broadcasts made by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to the nation, beginning in 1933.
- The night that my favorite program was pre-empted by one of president Franklin Roosevelt's fireside chats was the night I became a Republican.
- He delivered a fireside chat that night promising the nation America would stay out.
- It also shows a great place to pull up a chair, to read, and then of course it's the very famous spot that Franklin Roosevelt gave his fireside chats.
Definition of fireside chat in:
- British & World English dictionary