- 1A group of soldiers detailed to shoot a condemned person.More example sentences
- They went through the farce of a court martial and were then shot by a firing squad.
- The American and Spanish ministers made unsuccessful appeals for postponement of her execution in Germany, and she was shot by a firing squad on October 12, 1915.
- Then the commander of the firing squad went forward and shot each in the forehead.
- 1.1 A group of soldiers detailed to fire the salute at a military funeral.More example sentences
- At our memorial day parade, there were 3 senior members that were asked by the commander of the foreign legion to do the firing squad for the rifle salutes.
- Taps will be played either by a bugler or by recording, and a three-volley salute, sometimes referred to as a twenty one gun salute, will be held by a firing squad.
More definitions of firing squadDefinition of firing squad in:
- The British & World English dictionary