- 1North American The ground floor of a building.More example sentences
- The apartment was on the first floor of a six-floor building and as usual it was a mess.
- He ran up the stairs to the first floor, but found that part of the building vacant.
- She hurried out of the room, downstairs to the first floor hall and into the kitchen.
- 1.1chiefly British The floor of a building just above the ground floor.More example sentences
- The mews development will be arranged as single bedroom apartments on the raised ground and first floors with the first floor having access via external metal staircases.
- It would have retail units on the ground floor, first floor offices and a conference centre above.
- The first floor bedsit is above a bakery in Gillygate - the main road into the city from Haxby and Wigginton.
More definitions of first floorDefinition of first floor in:
- The British & World English dictionary