- The first public performance of a play or show: [as modifier]: first-night nervesMore example sentences
- The first people in the theatre, they walked out - but after the first night, there were lines around the theatre, they sold out the mezzanine.
- On stage, Solti grew so excited that he rang BBC bosses and begged them to attend the first night.
- On the first night of this run, the Royal Ballet reached its 750th performance of Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Opera House.
More definitions of first nightDefinition of first night in:
- The British & World English dictionary