- 1(In the UK) the first presentation of a bill to Parliament, to permit its introduction.More example sentences
- We are therefore very happy to support this bill through its first reading to the select committee stage.
- The Education Act should be ready for a first reading in the legislative assembly by February 2006.
- The bill has passed the first reading in the Legislature and will be forwarded for further review next month.
More definitions of first readingDefinition of first reading in:
- The British & World English dictionary