- 1The best players on a team, the ones that normally play the most.More example sentences
- Though McDonough comes from outside the Detroit norm, other first string players are all veterans.
- I decided the teams so that I had all the second string players and he had the entire first string players.
- She was an offbeat kind of girl, to say the least, and he was first string on the hockey team and the football team, and had a big, block-shaped head and bristly blonde hair.
- 1.1The best or most talented individuals in any endeavor.More example sentences
- Asked if he deserved a promotion to first string after one year of broadcasting, he says, ‘Probably not.’