noun(usually firstlings) • archaic
- The first agricultural produce or animal offspring of a season.More example sentences
- The Bible instructs the faithful to tithe their grain, wine, and oil along with the firstlings of the herds and flocks.
- In the course of time, Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel for his part brought of the firstlings of his flock, their fat portions.
- The firstlings, both human and animal, were commonly believed to belong to God in a special way.
More definitions of firstlingDefinition of firstling in:
- The British & World English dictionary