Definition of fish eagle in English:
An eagle that catches and feeds on fish.
- Genus Haliaetus, family Accipitridae: two or three species, in particular the white-headed African fish eagle (H. vocifer)
- The osprey is often called the fish hawk or the fish eagle.
- You can sometimes see the beautiful fish eagle circling overhead and hear the shrieking of the brown headed parrot in the trees.
- The islands are home to many bird species, including fish eagles, ospreys and flamingos.
Definition of fish eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan