Definition of fishing in English:
The activity of catching fish, either for food or as a sport.
- The fact that humans are killing about 20 to 30 million sharks a year through commercial sport and fishing is also food for thought.
- Instead of providing a person with fish for that day's food, teach him fishing so that he could be self-reliant.
- Prizes include rods and reels, fishing tackles kits, fishing tackle packs, picnic baskets, a marine radio and aerial, plus a lot more.
- fishing expedition
- A search or investigation undertaken with the hope, though not the stated purpose, of discovering information: they worried about an FBI fishing expeditionMore example sentences
- The commission has an unfettered power to undertake a fishing expedition to search for evidence to endeavour to prove its cases.
- Where did all the information from these fishing expeditions go?
- These laws provide a clear framework for responding to national security concerns while safeguarding against random searches, fishing expeditions or invasions of privacy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.