- A long, tapering rod to which a fishing line is attached, typically on a reel.More example sentences
- He received a new fishing rod and reel instead for his efforts.
- You can attempt a land-based rescue using whatever is at hand - your fishing rod or landing net can be ideal implements to tow someone to the side.
- A dedicated angler may spend more of his life holding his fishing rod, than he does holding his wife.
More definitions of fishing rodDefinition of fishing rod in:
- The British & World English dictionary