(also five-spice powder)
- A blend of five powdered spices, typically fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, and peppercorns, used in Chinese cuisine.More example sentences
- Rub the salt, pepper and five-spice powder into the skin.
- Here's the first one I tried - a simple dish of salmon rubbed with five-spice, that amazing Chinese spice blend.
- A snow-white baby chicken we sampled was lacquered red with Malaysian soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, and five-spice powder.
More definitions of five-spiceDefinition of five-spice in:
- The British & World English dictionary