- A well-defined reproducible temperature that can be used as a reference point, e.g., one defined by a change of phase.More example sentences
- The Fahrenheit and Celsius scales are based on two fixed points.
adjective(fixed-point) Computing Back to top
- Denoting a mode of representing a number by a single sequence of digits whose values depend on their location relative to a predetermined radix point: these computers perform arithmetic in fixed-point binary format Often contrasted with floating-point.More example sentences
- Ada does non-integer fixed-point types, which is very rare.
- Three units of the five deal with fixed-point operations, and the remaining two - with floating-point operations.
- He is a longtime proponent of fixed-point arithmetic.
More definitions of fixed pointDefinition of fixed point in:
- The British & World English dictionary